Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gertie Groupie


How crazy is it that I immediately booked a flight to Los Angeles as soon as Gertie posted on her blog about a book party there? It would have been nice to have more advance notice than 6 days in terms of airfare, but as Tim Gunn says, I made it work.  I met Gertie a couple of years ago when she came to Nashville for an exclusive  couture exhibit here.  I'd forgotten how much prettier she is in person; the pictures on her online don't do her justice.  I wasn't crazy about the pink hair from the blog pictures, but in real life, she totally rocks it!

The retro picnic included pink ambrosia Jello mold and addicting peach rum punch. 

I enjoyed seeing Gertie's garments on display.


I was happy to meet up again with my bizarro world twin Anh, whom I met through Pattern Review.  She came with another friend that she also met through PR.
Carla, Anh, and me.

 Crazier still, I was able to rope my sister Kim into flying out from Denver to join me.  She graciously served as my assistant/slave/photographer for the whole trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment