Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thank you, Mood!


I was recently in New York City, for the first time since I started watching Project Runway (Season 6, to be specific).  I had a $100 gift certificate (for winning second place in the Pattern Review designer knock-off  contest).  Needless to say, it didn't go very far.

Even with the overwhelming stock, I didn't find what I was looking for: white tweed or boucle' to make a Chanel jacket.  I went ahead and got some silver and gold-tone chain and trims for said jacket.  I stocked up on invisible zippers (they were only $1 each) in the colors I mostly sew with, and some thread.


I was pleasantly surprised to see Kooan (from Project Runway Season 10) working there; I got some printed silk charmeuse just so I could snap this picture of him tearing into it. 

He was so helpful and knowledgeable, not as kooky as he appeared on TV or in these pictures. He said that Tim Gunn had been by earlier in the day.  Drats!

 I told Swatch to "Sit" and he did!

I really like the artwork on the elevator doors.






1 comment:

  1. How cool is that, right? Kooan cut me some brocade when I was there for my first visit in March. Lucky you; I missed Swatch on my visit. (BTW, I *think* that might be the infamous Kenneth King at the cutting table behind Kooan .....) And I had the same experience of not finding everything on my list at Mood - or in any of the other 5 stores I visited, either. How can that be?!?

    ReplyDelete