Saturday, September 10, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

View of Reynolds Square from hotel
 
My husband and I just got back from a road trip to Savannah, Georgia.  The city of Southern hospitality is uniquely beautiful; the streets are lined with old oak trees draped with Spanish moss and the antebellum homes have so much character.



The downtown area is laid out on a grid system with park squares every few blocks.  This spot was where Tom Hanks sat on the famous park bench in Forrest Gump.

We stayed at an elegant historic inn which faces Reynolds Square.  There was a wine and cheese reception when we checked in, which was nice after nine hours on the road.  The hotel also featured nightly turndown service, which was new to me.

Planters Inn


The period decor added to the charm of the room.

2 comments:

  1. you were in Georgia? Awesome! Your just so busy doing fabulous things you never have time to call me anymore ;(

    ReplyDelete